Gresham Motorsports Park today announced four adjustments to its Outlaw Late Model division rules package.
Here are the changes - voted into effect by drivers in the division - that will be in place at the next Outlaw Late Model event at GMP on Saturday, May 31.
III. Rules and Specifications
2. Wet sump oiling system two barrel engines 2800 lbs.
3. Dry sump oiling system two barrel engines 2850 lbs.
4. Maximum left side weight will be 58% before and after the event without refueling.
3. Maximum front over hang is 47 inches. (10 pound weight penalty for each inch over 47 inches)
10. Rear Spoiler - Rear Spoiler height minimum of 6 ½ inches, maximum of 8 inches x 77 inches wide (material), made of clear lexan material. (MUST BE SOLID - NO HOLES OR AIR PASS THROUGHS) Bracing may be from front or rear. For the front bracing, there are a maximum of 3 supports with a maximum of ¾" round tubing only. Rear bracing must be inset from the sides of the quarter panel a minimum of 3" on both sides. A maximum of 1-inch rear-facing lips only on rear spoiler. Minimum spoiler angle of no less than 70º must be maintained at all times.
It is the responsibility of the teams and competitors to present a legal race vehicle for competition.
Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
Any questions about these changes - or any others about the Outlaw Late Model Rules package - should be directed to GMP Stockerama technical director Ken Bradley at 864-809-1918 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rules and race procedures for all GMP divisions can be viewed on the 2014 Rules page at www.racegmp.com.
About Gresham Motorsports Park
Gresham Motorsports Park is located east of Atlanta, just off I-85 at Exit 140, in Jefferson, GA.
The sprawling motorsports and event complex - which underwent a multi-million dollar renovation in 2009 - features ¼- and ½-mile paved racing ovals, a 300-foot Street Drag Strip, Drifting Course, 4,000-seat main grandstand and state of the art electronic computer scoring, lighting and sound systems.
Additional information about Gresham Motorsports Park can be obtained at www.racegmp.com.
Gresham Motorsports Park Announces
Outlaw Late Model Rules Changes
Drivers With Questions Can Contact the Track
Gresham Motorsports Park PR