Each week in "What 2 Watch 4," Speed51.com will give fans in all four corners of the country four events to keep an eye on in the coming weekend. There are always plenty of exciting events on America's short tracks and we at 51 hope you venture out to a track this weekend to keep an eye on any of these events or others. Have an event that we can preview in W2W4 in the coming weeks? Send the information to email@example.com.
- All eyes will be on Lee USA Speedway in Lee, New Hampshire on Sunday afternoon for the first annual Bullring Bash. More than 40 Tour-Type Modified teams are expected to enter the event and battle for over $40,000 in purse money as the first of three races in the Tri-Track Open Modified Series. 2013 NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour champion Ryan Preece will return to the driver’s seat of “Ole Blue” racing the famous No. 3 Boehler-owned ride. Valenti Modified Racing Series champion Rowan Pennink and RoC champion Matt Hirschman are also among those expected to enter Sunday’s event. The first green flag will wave at 1:00 p.m.
- Two Connecticut drivers will look to continue their hot streaks to start 2014 this weekend at Stafford Motor Speedway (CT) and Waterford Speedbowl (CT). On Friday night, Ryan Preece will attempt to make it three-in-a-row in Stafford’s SK Modified division after winning the first two events of 2014. Keith Rocco hopes to continue a streak of his own on Saturday at Waterford Speedbowl (CT) and make it five-in-a-row in Waterford’s Late Model class and two in a row in the SK's. The Late Model division takes center stage at Stafford Friday night with an extra-distance 60-lap feature.
- The Super Cup Stock Car Series will kick off their 2014 campaign this Saturday at Pennsylvania’s Jennerstown Speedway. A parade through town and pit party on Thursday evening and a monster truck show on Sunday afternoon will support Saturday’s racing program that includes local divisions, as well as the 75-lap Super Cup Stock Car Series feature. Racing will begin at 4:05 p.m. on Saturday.
- After a hot start to 2014 with a win and second place finish, Travis Benjamin will lead the PASS North Super Late Models into the bullring that is Epping, New Hampshire’s Star Speedway this Saturday. Saturday’s event marks the first PASS North event held at Star Speedway since May 12, 2012. Johnny Clark was victorious in that event and will be looking for his first PASS North win since June 10, 2012 on Saturday evening.
- The TUNDRA Super Late Models will open their 2014 season this Saturday afternoon at Wisconsin International Raceway near Kaukauna, Wisconsin. The full racing program will include a 50-lap feature for the Super Lates along with the Mid-American Stock Car Series and Figure 8’s in action. TUNDRA officials estimate more than 40 Super Late Models will be in the pit area for their event. Grandstand admission is only $10 for ages 13 & up and FREE for ages 12 & under.
- Several tracks are honoring mom on this Mother's Day weekend with some special promotions. Berlin Raceway is offering free admission to all ladies of all ages. Rockford Speedway in Loves Park, Illinois will have a Wine Tasting for mom along with their Winged Women on Wheels division racing and the Morning Make-Up Dash. Ladies will get half-price admission at Angola Motorsport Speedway in Angola, Indiana. Dells Raceway Park in Wisconsin Dells, WI will give free admission to escorted ladies along with the first 200 receiving a rose. Hawkeye Downs Speedway in Cedar Rapids, Iowa is offering half-price admission for all moms and the first 100 mothers will receive a carnation.
- Sandusky Speedway located in Sandusky, Ohio will host the Super Nationals this Saturday night. The MSA Super Modifieds, Main Event Super Late Models, Ohio Stocks, and Hobby Stocks will be in action. Adult admission is $22, Seniors $20, Kids 6-12 $5, and under 6 free. Qualifying at 5:30pm with racing at 7:00pm.
- Kenny Wallace will be heading back to a familiar track this weekend as he will be racing a Late Model this Saturday night at I-44 Speedway in Lebanon, Missouri. Wallace will be driving Brennon Willard’s car as part of their racing program.
- 320 feature event laps are on the docket for fans at Southern National Motorsports Park (NC) this Saturday night. The "Mom's the Bomb 320" will feature two Late Model Stock Car events as a part of the Dirty Dozen Series. The big guns in Late Model Stocks will be there like Lee Pulliam, Tommy Lemons, Deac McCaskill, Myatt Snider, Ryan Wilson and several others. Also running will be Limited Late Models, UCars, Chargers, Legends, Street Stocks, Bandos, and a Pedal Car race is schedule.
- A trip to South Carolina's Greenville Pickens Speedway will give fans the opportunity to see NASCAR Whelen All American National Points leader Anthony Anders. The season has been very kind to Anders who has eight wins already with six coming at Greenville. He will look to add to his win total on Friday night in a single event. The racing card will feature all divisions which includes Late Models, Chargers, Renegades, Street Stock, Four Cylinder, and Pure Stock.
- In its ninth season of competition the Bright House Challenge Series expanded beyond New Smyrna Speedway to Desoto Speedway in 2014. The series' second trip of the year to the 3/8-mile Desoto, located near Bradenton, Florida, comes this Saturday. Drivers will compete for a $3,000 Super Late Model winner's purse.
- Late Model fans in Alabama and western Florida have their pick of some great events to attend this weekend. The second round of Pro Late Model double-header action is slated for Pensacola, Florida's Five Flags Speedway Friday night and Alabama's Mobile International Speedway Saturday. The events will feature two separate 20 and 30 lap Pro Late Model features which will run as both the first and last events on the card at each track this weekend. Also on Saturday, the Southern Super Series presented by Sunoco returns to action with the Rumble by the River 125 at Alabama's Montgomery Motor Speedway. Anderson Bowen and Casey Smith enter Montgomery tied atop the standings.
- Finally the weather has cleared up "Big Sky Country" and Montana Raceway Park, the home of the Montana 200, is ready to get action underway Saturday. The Pepsi Cola Spring Opener will feature Super Stocks, Legends, Hobby Stocks, Bombers and Bandoleros. The Super Late Models will not be on track until end of the month when the MT Gold 212 hits the track.
- The Idaho 200, one of the top Super Late Model races in the Northwest, is not until August 2nd, but the Stateline Speedway (ID) will have Super Late Models on track this weekend. The Idaho 150 tune-up will take place on Saturday, May 10. Hobby Stocks, and Early Stocks will also be racing on Saturday. If you can't make it Saturday, then check out the Friday program that will have Figure 8's, scaled Late Models, Street Sportsman and drifting.
- We're only one week away from the Hall of Fame Night 60th Anniversary at Western Speedway in Victoria, British Columbia. Fans won't have to wait a week to see some racing as the track will feature a special card of racing for Demo Cars, Demo Trucks, Bombers, Mini Figure 8's and the Total Destruction.
- It will be the Founders Cup on Saturday night at Lakeport Speedway (CA) as Bombers, Modifieds, Mini Stocks, Jammers, Midgets and Vintage Midgets will be in action. Fans who come out will have a chance purchases tickets to ride in the same car that Dale Earnhardt, Sr. drove in the 1996 Daytona 500. Proceeds will be split into two foundations - half will go to the Special Olympics and the other half will go towards the Kyle Tellstrom Fund for families in need.